Peel Regional Police is committed to our Vision of ‘A Safer Community Together’. Everything we do is driven by our Mission, Vision and Values and we pride ourselves in being accountable to our community. We are the second largest municipal police service in Ontario and the third largest municipal police service in Canada. We serve the Cities of Brampton and Mississauga which has over 1.5 million residents, and the Pearson International Airport which saw an estimated 12.7 million people passed through in 2021. One of our objectives is to address crime through call response, investigations, enforcement, and police visibility. With almost 2,200 police officers and over 900 civilian employees, our solvency rates are some of the highest in the country and our crime rates are below provincial levels.
The crime analyst role is responsible for extracting, ordering, analyzing and distributing crime / intelligence. Duties may include :
- Applying analytical techniques to crime / intelligence data or investigative projects in order to link individuals / groups to criminal activities, detect crime patterns, and identify crime hot spots or targets.
- Developing inferences regarding the intentions and vulnerabilities of criminal groups.
- Managing database programs to track individuals / groups involved in criminal activities and issues relating to criminal matters.
- Using data mining techniques to retrieve and synthesize crime / intelligence data from databases to support police functions.
- Analyzing information obtained through different processes.
- Receiving and forwarding information through regional and intelligence information sharing networks.
- Generating proactive and reactive crime reports for distribution to service members.
- Issuing police information circulars and bulletins to facilitate offender apprehension, clearances and officer safety.
- Liaising with outside agencies to collect, manage and distribute relevant crime and intelligence information.
Peel Regional Police